Our ethos is summarised by the words 'Aim High; Work Hard; Achieve Excellence', while embracing our Trust mantra of 'Culture + Consistency = Excellence'. Put simply, this means we have a culture of high aspirations for all, where simple highly effective strategies are implemented consistently. We combine high expectations and high standards in all aspects of school life with a strong sense of kindness, inclusivity and enjoyment. We create an environment where teachers can really focus on their teaching and students on their learning. We provide a high-quality experience in a disciplined environment where behaviour is managed consistently – students understand our high expectations and how to meet them. This approach develops an environment where students understand that there is no limit placed on what they can achieve.
Our vision is to provide the best possible quality of education within an outstanding environment. We are on an exciting journey to this end, consistently and regularly delivering improvements.
The King's School is a part of Pontefract Academies Trust. All the schools in the PAT family live by a set of core values and guiding principles. They inform and guide our daily work, from the classroom to the central team.
ACHIEVEMENT WITHOUT EXCUSES
- We have an unwavering focus on achievement. This is paramount so that all of our children and young people enjoy greater life chances.
- We take responsibility for ensuring that they succeed. We own our own performance and do not rest on our laurels or seek to blame others.
PUPILS COME FIRST
- Our schools are run for the benefit of children and young people, not the ease of adults. Their achievement comes first and staff in schools and the central Trust office work to this end.
- The Trust aims to keep low priority tasks away from front line teachers and leaders so that they can focus explicitly on our core business of teaching and learning.
OUR PEOPLE MATTER
- We know that our people make a difference to the lives of our 3-16-year-olds. We want to make our schools places where great teachers want to teach, lead and build a career. Investment in the recruitment, development and retention of the best people is a top priority.
- We aim to provide professional work environments where our people have the support and tools to do a great job and push our children and young people to scale new heights in a safe and secure environment.
"STRONGER AS ONE"
- We take collective responsibility for each other and the results of all of our children and young people. We enjoy sharing our success as a Trust while recognising the strengths of individuals and each school. To this end collective accountability is rooted in a “if one fails we all fail” mentality.
As a family of schools we collaborate with each other, challenge each other and share best practice. We do not let competition get in the way of our desire to get the best outcomes for all.
EXCELLENCE AS STANDARD
- We set high standards. “Good enough” is simply not. We do not accept second best from our pupils or ourselves.
- The Trust aims to be a highly reliable school improvement organisation that is disciplined in its approach to improving performance. A Trust with clear plans, and simple and precisely executed systems that not only develop and sustain excellent performance, but never stifle individual flair.