“SchoolCloud provides parents’ evening software to over 5,000 schools, and experienced an outage on 14th January affecting the parents & teachers accessing video calls at that time. An update to the system in December caused a web page to perform slowly and this ultimately took the system offline. This wasn’t up to the high standard of service that schools expect of us, nor that we expect of ourselves. We have already made changes, and continue to take further steps to ensure that you can continue to enjoy this new format of parents’ evenings.”
NEW DATES FOR OUR VIRTUAL PARENTS/CARERS EVENINGS
Year 11 - Thursday 21 January 2021
Year 9 - Thursday 28 January 2021
Year 8 - Thursday 4 February 2021
Year 7 - Thursday 11 February 2021
Please see below an updated letter, to reflect your new parents/carers evening date, to be referred to in place of your original invitation letter. There is also a link below which will take you directly to the School Cloud website to log-in and access your video appointment, a guide with help for booking appointments and a Youtube video with more useful information and help
Known video call issue with iOS 14.2
Parents or teachers joining a video call using an iPhone/iPad running iOS 14.2 are likely to experience stuttering audio which may stabilize itself after some time. This issue is not specific to SchoolCloud Parents Evening and affects joining any video through the Safari browser on iOS 14.2. This is caused by a bug in iOS 14.2 which is logged on Apple's bug tracker.
What should I do?
If you have an upcoming event which takes place by video call, we advise not to use Apple devices running iOS 14.2.
INVITATION LETTERS TO PARENTS & CARERS
SCHOOLCLOUD GUIDES AND INFORMATION
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR VIDEO APPOINTMENT
To access your video appointment, go to the School Cloud website (link above) and log-in, as you did to make the appointment. Alternatively, open the link in the confirmation email you were sent with your appointment time.
You will see a button entitled 'Join Video Appointments'. When this is green, you will be able to click to access your video appointment.
You may, at this point, be asked if you wish to allow access to your camera/microphone, in which case please click 'Yes'.
At the exact time of your appointment, you will be able to click 'Start Appointment'.
When the countdown (in the blue bar) stops, the appointment time is over and the call will automatically end.
- Please ensure that you have logged into the system 10-15 minutes before your first appointment, Google Chrome is the best option for running the system.
- When you have selected the green button at the top, to 'join video appointments', a screen will allow you to test your camera, microphone and speakers. Please ensure that all 3 are working before you move to the next screen.
- When your appointment is ready, select the ‘Start appointment’ button. You will need to do this for every appointment.
- The appointments last 5 minutes, you will see a timer on the screen. When this reaches 0:00, you will automatically be moved to the next appointment with the next teacher.
- Please be aware that appointments cannot be extended, or rearranged for any reason, including technical difficulties. Therefore, it is important to ensure that your system is working on the test screen first, please contact school if you have any issues at this point.
- If there is an issue with the video appointments, teachers may be able to call you. Please note that time spent trying to reach you via phone will not extend your time, as the next appointment on the system will still be automatically moved on.
Many thanks for your understanding and patience with this new venture. If you require any help or further information after the parents/carers evenings please contact us via email@example.com